By Harry J. Gensler
Harry Gensler’s Ethics introduces undergraduates to the most matters in modern ethical philosophy. It additionally relates those matters to functional controversies, with designated awareness paid to racism, ethical schooling, and abortion. It supplies a pragmatic procedure for considering ethical concerns, a mode established principally at the golden rule.
• Serves as both the only textbook for a lower-level advent to ethics/moral philosophy path or a supplementary textual content for a extra complicated undergraduate ethics course
• Provides transparent, direct writing all through, making every one bankruptcy simply available for an engaged undergraduate
• Offers a philosophically rigorous presentation of the golden rule
• Includes beneficial learn aids, together with: bolded technical phrases, containers for key rules, bankruptcy summaries, urged readings, and a glossary/index
Key additions to the second one Edition:
• A new bankruptcy on advantage ethics, which offers with Aristotle, Plato, and similar controversies
• A new bankruptcy on normal legislation conception, which bargains with Aquinas, double influence, sexual morality, and similar controversies
• A considerably revised bankruptcy at the golden rule, that's now a lot clearer on sure key points
• A considerably revised bankruptcy on nonconsequentialism, which now has elevated insurance of human rights, libertarianism, and socialism, and makes use of the precise to healthiness care as a case example
• An improved bibliography
• A new appendix that overviews key books scholars probably want to pursue upon finishing Ethics: A modern Introduction, moment Edition
• A rewritten educational software, EthiCola, that's now a lot more uncomplicated to obtain and use and has (for scholars) revised routines for every bankruptcy and (for teachers) a score-processing application, category slides, and instructor’s manual. this is stumbled on at the book’s significant other web site: http://www.routledge.com/textbooks/gensler.